BufferSprings builds custom recruitment, engagement, and retention programs for companies looking to create effective and sustainable military talent programs. We are proud to be 100% service-disabled, veteran-owned, and operated.
Read more about our company and mission on our website.
If you are a skilled technician and have experience working with heavy machinery or advanced equipment, this SkillBridge Internship is for you!
Our remote DoD SkillBridge internships provide real-world job experience, training, and skills development. We purposefully designed our program to give interns a head start on transitioning from military service to civilian employment while still enjoying the safety net of full pay and benefits from the military.
Along the way, our team is committed to helping you connect with people in your desired industry, providing world-class training, and helping you discover mentors who can help guide your career for years to come.
We are looking for a highly motivated General Technician who wants to build a career with an incredible company. In this internship, you will have the opportunity to work with one of our military-effective employer partners on-site at their facilities. This is an excellent opportunity to introduce yourself to an in-demand industry.
As an intern, you will be responsible for operating, maintaining, repairing, and/or troubleshooting various equipment and systems. You will work closely with other team members to ensure that all equipment is functioning properly and that downtime is minimized. This position may require knowledge of electronic, hydraulic, and/or engine components, along with a high level of attention to detail.
- Inspect and troubleshoot equipment to identify issues and determine the best course of action for repair or maintenance.
- Perform routine maintenance and repair tasks on various equipment and systems, including mechanical, electrical, and hydraulic systems.
- Install and configure new equipment and systems according to manufacturer specifications and industry standards.
- Collaborate with other team members to develop and implement preventative maintenance plans to ensure equipment operates at peak efficiency.
- Maintain accurate records of maintenance and repair activities, including equipment logs, work orders, and inventory.
- Keep up-to-date with the latest industry trends and technology advancements to improve equipment performance and reduce downtime.
- Follow all safety protocols and regulations to ensure a safe work environment.
We hire for character and train for skill at BufferSprings, and our employer partners are also committed to this. You might be a natural fit if you have any mechanical experience, like to work with your hands, or are great at problem-solving. Here are the skills we’re looking for in this role:
- Knowledge of mechanical, electrical, and hydraulic systems.
- Experience with installation, maintenance, and repair of equipment and systems.
- Excellent problem-solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to follow procedures and protocols.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple priorities.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Every BufferSprings SkillBridge intern experience includes ongoing career support and transition preparation. In addition to the training, certifications, and experience earned during their tenure, interns receive customized resume advice and LinkedIn profile training.
Components may include:
- 1-on-1 career preparation support
- Group/virtual networking experiences
- Individual mentorship through our partner ecosystem
- Informational Interview guidance
- Position-specific resume feedback and support
This internship will take place on-site with one of our military-effective employer partners. Current locations include:
- Boston, MA
- Southern NJ
- Orlando, FL
- Seattle, WA
- Inland Empire, CA
- Denver, CO
- San Antonio, TX
- Houston, TX
- Dallas / Fort Worth, TX
- Minneapolis, MN
- Chicago, IL
- Atlanta, GA
Open to all qualified transitioning active-duty U.S. service members, both officer and enlisted, of any rank and branch.
Must have 180 days of active duty service remaining before the date of separation and have obtained approval or be in the approval process from the unit/command.
Note: As published in Department of Defense Instruction 1322.29 and as outlined in the U.S. Department of Labor’s Fact Sheet #71 of January 2018, Servicemembers participating in a SkillBridge program are participating in a capstone training experience at the end of the military career and are NOT eligible for wages or other benefits from industry partners since the program is supported by the Department of Defense which will continue to cover the salaries and benefits of the participating members.
BufferSprings is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, veteran status, or any other protected class.